When starting DHCP Client Services error 2140
AIMAdmin
2006-03-08 18:50:27 UTC
Windows NT Server SP6
I had DHCP running and today a Client could not get an IP so a did a bit of
checking and found that the DHCP service was not running. I tried to start it
and got Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred. I removed the
scope from the setting and configured it and restarted the server. still not
working. Anyone know what to do???
Scott Harding
2006-03-08 22:46:07 UTC
Remove the DHCP Service, DO NOT REBOOT, reapply SP6a and then reboot.
--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+